Monday, October 13, 2014

Talking About My Hands

Hey Lady,

So, I took a pic of my blistered hand...

So drai...
And, I'm not gonna lie, my calluses and blisters occupy my mind for the majority of my day. They're rough! I've had super soft hands almost 26 years of my life, and now sport climbing and chalk have turned my hands into scaly scales! My finger tips constantly mess and pick at them. However, I take much pride in how much they've developed. It means I'll become stronger (eventually) and be able to accomplish more difficult routes in the future (though, jugs do not seem too abundant in tougher routes).

My coworker, and close friend, Maria, is always trying to moisturize my hands. My job in a genetic diagnostic lab has me washing my hands at least 5 times a day. I keep trying this beeswax, all-natural hand balm, made with sunflower oil and shea butter because it's supposed to soften "hard-working hands". How I wish products would work as well as advertised. If I hadn't left it at work, I'd post the name right now. But for how greasy this product is compared to how moisturizing, the numbers would be horrible.

Anyways, I tried filing my calluses with a regular ol' nail file. That worked a little bit, but not too much. I'm thinking I just need to pull out my PedEgg to get these calluses to a manageable size.

Any suggestions on moisturizing hands? Which reminds me I still have to try the epsom salt wash/dip to ease hand pains.

Much love from a lady,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment