Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tendinitis and so much more

Hey Lady,

So, since my fiance, Mike, has tendinitis in his arm, we put off climbing for a couple of days. Yesterday, however, he said he would belay me, if I wanted to go to the r
ock gym. At first, I rejected his offer: I thought it would be very boring to watch me climb my usual routes without him climbing at all. BUTTTTTT... after 4 days of not climbing, I couldn't resist. I definitely want climbing to be a part of my life for a long time... if not forever.

I am very much into this one overhang route that's ranked a 5.8 in our gym. I'm currently stuck on a part that requires me to transition from a 20 degree overhang to a 45 degree overhang... and let's just say my upper body strength just isn't there yet (and neither is my technique). After the overhang, I went to another 5.8 that I had completed at least two months ago, but I only finished once. Nailed it. I felt proud and definitely was the boost I needed. And then, I hit a 5.9 that was one of Mike's first routes. It is quite challenging, yet fun.

I've started to get into bouldering, and am currently trying to complete all the V1s in my gym. I've done a couple of V2s, already, but I like to finish the basics before moving on to the next level. Anyways, there was this one problem I couldn't solve; and a little girl goes up on the wall and flashes it no problem. I almost cried, I'm not kidding. But now I have the beta I need to move on ;)

When I did a little (and by "little" I mean I read something on wikihow) research on easing elbow tendinitis, it suggested an arm brace. Mike protested much, but once I showed him that amazon was selling a brace for basically $11 and it was prime eligible, he couldn't say no. He's had his tendinitis since he was in middle school: it would come and go depending on the exercises he would do. Although he's skeptical to try new things, and I'm afraid new things will turn out bad (though I hope not), he tried it and loved it!

Click on the pic, in case you're interested in seeing the Amazon ad:
Mueller Hg80 Tennis Elbow Brace
It had a lot of great reviews and it's super easy to put on. You can't mess up, and it doesn't cut off your circulation. Mike doesn't like the logo (which takes up the whole front), but as long as it works, I told him he should be happy. And I'm happy now that his tendinitis has eased a bit. He couldn't even pick up a bag of groceries before this brace!

Anyways, I hope you all have a great night. Anything hurting you lately? An epsom salt hand soak sounds really good to me right about meow.

Love,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment